Thursday, June 11, 2009

Honey-Do (it yourself) List

Somewhere in here I've established that I'm an emphatic list maker. Lists about what I love about my best friends, why my kids are da bomb, on and on and on. The lists do not end with me and I've just accepted it as part of my genetic makeup. I obviously have the 'list' chromosome.

So anyhoo, now that I'll be starting my new job, I've started a list of things that I need to do once I get there:

paint new "office" (and the laundry room while I'm at it)
organize office
update website
research marketing/advertising
nose pierced
Picture Fizz Facebook???

Ok, so, right now it's a small list, but mighty. These are pretty big tasks. And let's face it. We can go ahead and cross "paint new office" off this list -- I highly doubt my painting-contractor-boyfriend will allow me to paint any walls in our home, my office or otherwise.

As my wonderful boyfriend would attest, my "desk" leaves alot to be desired. A-LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOT. Since I'd rather be shooting, editing images, chasing kids, conjugating verbs or doing long division, organizing anything isn't really my forte. Nope, not so much. I just get too busy to keep it tidy -- well, that and the fact that most of my editing takes place on the couch while watching "I'm a celebrity, get me outta here". So, it kind of becomes a "just put it on my desk, I'll get it later" spot. Check it:




You thought I was kidding. Clearly not. Yeah, so "organize office" is going to take me a little bit. Ok, ok. A lot bit.

Updating my website should be pretty easy. I try to keep up with the galleries as much as I can -- always adding fresh new images of my super-cute clients. And I really need to tend to the 'About' page. I draw a complete blank when I try to edit this page. "what should I add?"...."does it sound too cheesy?"...."does anyone even look at this page?"

I haven't done the first bit of advertising for my photography business. Everything has been word of mouth. And since this will be my primary source of income, I figured I probably need to look into this. Lucky for me, I have a highly successful beau that knows the ropes when it comes to this and will gladly listen to his knowledgeable suggestions on the subject.

And since I will no longer be working in Corporate America, I WILL be getting my nose pierced. This is something I've wanted to do for quite some time but for obvious reasons have never been able to. And since my boss will be...well, me....I can pretty much do whateverintheheck I want now! Although, my grandma has made it quite clear that if I get my nose pierced she will remove me from any inheritance I am currently willed.

Not sure about a seperate Facebook page, though. That's just one more thing to update, and quite frankly, I have enough to update. So, we'll see 'bout this one.

This should get pretty interesting....

1 comment:

Jennifer A Collier Photography said...

Ha ha ha....

That's the best blog I have ever read! :)

Not just because I find some common ground in you and me...but because of the Desk!

A Classic to remember....Socks! Ha ha.

Can't wait to see the new and (Not improved) updated office! :)