Tuesday, March 31, 2009

#862

I love lists. I think I have a list for everything.

I keep lists of:

chores to do
funny things my 7-year-old says
groceries to get
Things To Do Before I Die
Places I Want to Go
People I love and adore
Things I want to get
Things I want to get rid of
Movies I want to see
Recipes to try
Bands I love (which changes almost daily)
The kids' favorite foods
And the foods they dislike (which also change almost daily)
My favorite colors
Blogs I read
Favorite images
Things I love about our kids
My favorite t-shirts
And flip-flops


Apparently, I even keep lists of my lists. For some, odd reason lists make me feel like I'm organized, like I won't miss anything.

I also keep a list of reasons why I love Chris. The list is long...and gets longer every waking day. He does thoughtful things for me, he reads to Harley, he fixes me coffee in the mornings....

Good things. Thoughtful things.

This morning I added something to that list.


This guy greeted us at the kitchen table this morning when we came down for breakfast. My body warmed with happiness and a huge smile covered my face. I laughed and realized how lucky I am to have such a wonderful man in our lives. And he's pretty funny.

Happiness. I have a list for that, too.

1 comment:

AngeliaMarie said...

Hi. It's me. First time comment-er, long time listener. I love how your heart shares with the rest of the world what it is feeling. Love you and your crazy half dozen.