Friday, April 3, 2009

Table for 6

Occasionally, there are times when someone says something to me and I'm so floored by the words coming out of their mouth that I swear I hear a record scratch.....everything comes to a complete standstill....and the crickets chirp. You know you have that ridiculous look on your face -- the one where your nose is all scrunched up, you look throuroughly confused and the only word you can muster up to say is "HUH!!???" Yeah, that one. That reaction is usually the result of the words "you're pregnant" or "Your 9-year-old daughter needs a size 7 shoe" ...

Now, though......now those surprises come in form of "The toilet's overflowing" or "Let's jump off the roof" and "I tried to eat it"...


Amazingly enough, I also use find myself somewhat confused when a waitress would say "Table for 6?"


Our little Halfdozen (as we affectionately refer to as ourselves) went to TGIFriday's the other night for dinner and I realized that I didn't have my normal reaction to the reference of 6. I'm use to it now. What used to be 'my girls won't eat....' or 'my boys would rather...' has now turned into "our kids". It's like the Brady Bunch coming together only better. Except I''m Carol AND Alice. Well, that and the fact that there's only 4 kids instead of 6.


And if anyone is ever looking for a little entertainment and there's nothing on TV, try coming to dinner with us at a restaurant. It's hilarious...messy, but hilarious.







xo,
e

No comments: