Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Office, schmoffice.

So, every day I check out my blog stats to track how many visitors, where are they from, etc. I'm pretty sure if I didn't have proof that people actually READ this blog (before my blog stats, the only way for me to know people read it, is if they leave a comment. I get virtually no comments. Just sayin'....) anyway, if I didn't have proof that people read this thing, I probably wouldn't keep updating it.

But, I have quite a following -- or so I've found out. I have people over in England (Hi Ashley!) and in Wichita, KS (Hi Jennifer!), someone in Fort Worth, Texas, Mountain View, California, Georgia, Indiana and Kentucky. I have readers from my old company, Mead, and some photographer friends I've just met. My best friend's mom in Florida reads it nearly every day and Aunt Leah will read it as long as I promise not to make her cry. My clients follow my blog and so do my friends and family.

In fact, if it were up to my friends and family, they'd make me write a book. I'm not so sure what I have to say is that important but it could definitely fall under the "entertaining" section. For sure. I mean what else would you call shooting out car windows with BB guns or getting peas stuck up your nose?

So imagine my surprise when I checked my log this morning and found this:

Executive Office Of The President. AYKM? And it wasn't just an "oops, how did I get here?" stumble, it's a repeat visitor! I KNOW what I have to say isn't THAT important or that amusing for that matter. Not in the slightest.

But I will admit that, for a small millisecond, it did make me feel pretty good. Short-lived, but it was there.

And while I'm at it, a big "Thank You" to everyone that stopped in check out what I had to say over the course of 2010. It's ok to leave a comment, too, while you're here....say hi, tell me I spelled something wrong, or what you had for lunch! I don't care. I just love hearing from you.

2 comments:

A.Gomes said...

Hi Chica,

It's been a LONG time! I read your blog often, and I have to say, I'm so happy for you and your little family and booming business, you've come a long way! I think Sherrie Webb told me about your business and blog, I can't remember. I hope the past is the past, if not, I am sorry for any wrong doings on my end, I truly am happy for you!

Amber Gomes

Ericka said...

Well, hello, surprise! I just emailed you!

So glad you stop in and read!