Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Booked!!

For those of you that don't follow me on Facebook, I am fully booked for June.....and July only has a couple of slots remaining open!

My calendar looks like I'm trying to enter the Witness Protection Program, or at least trying to kill myself by splitting myself in two. It's CR-AZEE how hectic my summer got all of a sudden. Family sessions, seniors....and of course wedding season....I'm spreading myself pretty thin.

And that was something I promised myself -- and my husband -- that I wouldn't do. At least not right now.

If I allowed it, my photography business could be out-of-control booming right now. And while that sounds so rewarding (and exactly what I wanted to do with my passion) I simply cannot let it get there. I'm a mom first and foremost. My family -- and everything that comes with our little Half Dozen -- is my top priority. And because of that, I only take on a limited number of sessions each month.

Not only does this allow me to focus on my family, but it allows me to stay fresh with my creativity....for you, my awesome clients. Think of it as creative insurance. Because really, the last thing I want as a photographer is to become stagnant. I want my passion to remain a passion and not a j-o-b.

I absolutely love what I do, and I simply adore my clients. And I really foresee me with a camera in my hands when I'm like 90 years old. So I guess you could say I'm simply pacing myself.

1 comment:

Briana Saunders said...

After seeing the pictures that you did for the avey family and our amazing pictures that you did for us I can totally understand why you are soo booked! You are amazing!