Friday, March 12, 2010

Sisters

We couldn't be more different.

Growing up, she was the kind-of-shy-sports-player. And I was...I was more of the social-butterfly-band-dork. She was a picky eater, I'd eat anything. She was coordinated, and I'd manage to run into doorways. I'm right-handed and she's a lefty. I'm creative, she's super-smart. I'm brunette, she's blonde.

And we've seen it all together.

We were right next to each other thru bowl haircuts and feathered bangs, missing front teeth and braces. We were there thru pegged jeans and "Just Do It" t-shirts. We had our share of bad relationships and heartaches together. We stood shoulder-to-shoulder and stared death in the face when we lost our mom. And supported each other when we were raising ourselves.

We've shared marriages and divorces...and new marriages. We've celebrated the lives of our children they day they were born, and weaped when one became an angel. Thru birthday parties, engagements, holidays and everydays. We were there. Together.

And our love is unconditional.

It knows no boundries and has never waivered in 31 years. It's not contingent upon who you marry or divorce, what we do for a living, or where we live. It is as constant as the sun rising in the east. It has never faltered on the rocky roads of life, but rather filled in potholes with it's determination, support, and love.

Today my little sister turns 31. She no longer has the bowl haircut or those Eastland shoes with the funny knots, but she is still as important to me as she was when she wore them and our love is as durable as the leather those shoes were made of.

1 comment:

Jennifer A Collier Photography said...

How sweet is that?! Makes my heart smile!!!!