Saturday, November 7, 2009

To old friends...

I know I've said it before, and if I had to count how many times I've said it, I'd probably hit triple digits.

"It's funny how life works."

If someone were to sit Jerame and I down back during those long summers at the pool where we lifeguarded together and told us that years later down the road our families would be close -- inviting each other to your kids' birthday parties, celebrating engagements, or comforting mutual friends grieving -- neither one of us would believe you. In fact, we probably would have laughed at you.

Once your last summer guarding has ended, you really don't anticipate seeing either other again. Being from neighboring towns, you go on to bigger paying jobs and down different paths of life. Sure, you might cross paths again later on in your journey, exchange hellos and go on, but never would you think that you would be in the same circle of close-knit friends together down the road.

But, that's just what happened for Jerame and I. He and Chris are best friends and have been for years. And now, years after we were summer co-workers together, our friendship has picked up right where it left off all those years ago.

His beautiful wife Sara gave me the pleasure of capturing their cute little family for them. She knew the perfect place. So, we waited until the leaves got just right and viola!






(Can't you just hear her giggling? So stinkin' cute!)
I can only imagine that this is the first of many shoots for this family over the course of the next 30 years or so. I'm sure there will be more family sessions, senior sessions, weddings (don't kill me for mentioning this one guys!)....because that's what old friends do.

Edited to add a little surprise:

2 comments:

Tom Bailey said...

Your pictures are great. They are so clear and crisp.

I like your blog

Heather said...

Awesome! :)