Sunday, July 26, 2009

Saturday morning with Aunt Ericka

Friday night I sweet-talked my sister into letting me take my niece (you read about her here) for the night. Like all night.

I forgot how much fun it was to have a one-year-old in the house and immediately remembered why I leave the alphabet magnets on my fridge. (Ok, I admit, Chris and I sometimes exchange corny "I love you"s with them.) Dani entertained herself for about an hour (maybe longer?!?) with those things. She take 'em off, she'd knock them off, she'd pick them back up, I'd say their name or color and she'd try to say it. She was so content with those stinkin' magnets. (T -- if you don't have any of these, I'm totally getting you some!)

I also was quickly reminded what it was like to sleep in a bed with a one-year-old. I was kicked in the ribs and smacked in the face more times than I could count. I won't complain though because she was close enough to smell the baby lotion that I put on her, and that is a smell that I don't get much of these days.

You guys all saw what I did last time she came home with me. Why should breakfast time on a Saturday morning be any different??!
(are you kidding me with those eyes right now? Seriously. Even in black & white they look amazing!!! 100% real, 0% Photoshop, too, BTW.)

3 comments:

Amanda Foulk said...

she is ADORABLE.....and PS 5 more days =) congrats..I am so happy for you!

Jennifer A Collier Photography said...

Ooooo those eyes! Lucky little girl. She's a doll!

Jenn said...

Absolutely adorable!! Too bad you aren't closer, I'd let you remember what 10 month olds are like, too! I'm sure your niece would love it!