Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Boys vs. Girls

I never would have thought that I'd be a mom to boys. After I had my daughters, I pretty much figured that was it.

Girls.

Nothing but dresses, bows, pink fingernail polish, doodled hearts, lipstick, sparkly earrings, boyfriends, to-die-for shoes and overzealous emotions.

And even though my boys have been in my life now for a couple of years, I still find myself shocked that I have sons. So, now instead of talking about cute haircuts at the dinner table, there's talk about farts....there's jock straps in the laundry with our unmentionables. There's spiral passes alongside of our spiral curls. And boogers on fingernails instead of polish.

I know you guys are laughing...and those of you with sons are relating. This is life. The way it is. Not just my house, but yours too.

So, every once in a while, the girls of the house have to break out and find some feminine sanity. And, on Friday, we did what all girls do as if it's imbeded into our DNA....

We went to the mall.

We ate fattening mall food and chatted about boys. We went into all of the accessory stores and picked out super-cute earrings, and visted every shoestore just to try on high heels.

That's when I saw it...just as we were rounding the corner to leave.

A photo booth. And it was calling my name like my mom used to beckon me from down the street. We each took a turn and the only rule we had was one picture had to be a good one -- the rest was fair game. The only thing more fun than taking these pictures, was trying to cram 3 people into a 2'x2' photo booth.




But we did it. And it was sooooo worth it.

No comments: