Saturday, August 22, 2009

Six

Today, the little big man of the house turns 6.

Six.

I've never met a kid quite like Bryce. From the time his feet hit the floor in the morning, to the time he lays down at night, he is going 100 miles an hour. Literally, physically, mentally, actually. I'm not certain where he gets his energy (or where he stores it in that little body of his) but it's non-stop -- barely breaking to eat lunch. Just once, I'd like to have a smidgen of his energy when I clean the house....or my office.

And he's tougher than nails. Not just physically, but his attitude. He ALWAYS tries to do everything himself before ever asking for help and will not stop until he succeeds. Sports, games, combination locks, you name it. He'll do it.



Six facts about the Six-Year-Old:

* His favorite color is red. Buckeye Red....not red, not redish, not crimson, but Buckeye Red. "There is a difference", he says.

* A little over a year ago, he shot out the back window in my truck with a BB gun.

* We call him "Dash" here at the Halfdozen House because of how fast he can run. The only time you'll catch him is when he's sleeping. Trust me, I've tried.

* He lives for football and wrestling and is an animal at both sports. Against guys or girls, he's just as fierce.

* He hates tomatoes. "They are the sickest."

* He lost his first tooth a week ago.



Happy Birthday, Chicken Head.