Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mama got a new toy!!!!

The last few weeks Chris and I have been tossing around the idea of upgrading my old camera. It's outdated now about 5-6 years and while it was doing the job, I was spending way too much time on the processing/editing side of my photography.

So, I started my tedious research on which one would work best, what features I needed/wanted, how much, all that jazz....when I narrowed it down to the Nikon D3 and the D700. The 700 won by a landslide.

So, we did it. We upgraded to the Nikon D700 and Oh. My. Gosh. The advancements in cameras from when I last purchased my D70 were amazing!

Imagine going from an 80's style floor model TV to a 61" 1080p DLP High Def Samsung. That's what this upgrade did!!

Just in time for Busy Season......

She didn't stay here long




The Nikon D700 with optional battery pack



The first portrait taken with the new digs. Ironic that it's the one person in our family that won't sit still long enough to have his picture taken.

PS. Chris totally had to help me with all that tech-y stuff about the TV. =) Spoken like a girl......

2 comments:

Jennifer A Collier Photography said...

Fun, fun, fun! 1st picture down....many more to go!

Merinda said...

Awesome!! I am getting ready to take some classes for Photography, I was wondering if you were considering selling your old camera? If so, let me know details! :)