Sunday, April 19, 2009

There is beautiful....

...and then there is this.


My senior shoot on Saturday with Rhea was absolutely perfect. The weather was perfect, the locations were perfect, my assistant was perfect (my BFF, Mart).....all of it was just perfect. Of course, my job is a whole lot easier when your subject is this gorgeous!

This was the first time I've done a senior shoot and couldn't STOP shooting. I took almost 350 pictures....which has made my editing process a nightmare. How do you choose your favorites when you love almost every single image?!?!

This shoot was done in Indianapolis....which is where my best friend (and my senior) live. I've been to Indy more times than I can count, so I had a few ideas about where I wanted to shoot. There's an area just outside of Indy called Broad Ripple. It's an artsy town that has it's own character. Lots of cool little shops, alleys, old buildings.

I'm not sure what my obsession is with graffiti but I love it. Kinda like tattoos...there is just something about the art part of it that draws me into it. I KNEW I had to take Rhea there.


While we were in the alley shooting the graffiti shots, which by the way stunk like the bottom of a thousand dumpsters, an old Nova rolled thru into an automotive garage just down from where we were shooting. My creativity kicked into overdrive and I had to try to get a few shots with Rhea in that car. So, I worked my mojo and viola!

During our little Broad Ripple excursion, we crossed paths with this kick-ass photographer named Mayor Greg -- who also owned/ran an awesome vinyl record and CD shop (which we also shot in front of) -- Mayor Greg was also kind enough to share some of his top-secret super-cool locations with me. One of them was this blue building with a red and yellow brick back....




Rhea, I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! I had an incredible time with you!

I'm not even halfway thru this session, but HAD to share....I'll be sure to post a few more when I get thru them!!

xo,

-e-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Erica...you are always outdoing yourself...these are awesome! - Heather Canan

Ericka said...

Hi sweets!

Thanks for the kudos!! But I don't think I did too much....she is gorgeous! Makes my job soooooo easy!

xo,
e