Wednesday, April 29, 2009

O-H!

If there's one thing I've learned by living with (and loving) an Ohio State grad, is you eat it, sleep it, breathe it, love it, speak it, watch it, dream it, feed it, marry it, scream it, and live it. Ok, that was more than just "one thing"...

I've always been a Buckeye fan, but Chris takes it to a whole new level. His passion for the Buckeyes is like a German chocolate cake with whipped milk chocolate icing to a sugar deprived kid. Naturally, we are trying to instill that crazy passion in our kids.

Part of passing down the craziness is taking them to the spring football game. Ask anyone in a 20 mile radius of The Shoe and they'll tell you it's a national holiday....or should be. So, Saturday we packed up the troop and headed to Columbus for the un-official Spring Game Day.

I was too chicken to take my big camera -- plus The Shoe has this ridiculous policy of no detachable lenses -- so all of these were taken with my crappy point & shoot.


Photobucket
I have this thing I do when I shoot where I don't hold the camera up to my eye, I just aim and shoot. This is one of the shots. I really didn't anticipate it coming out the way it did, but I totally dig it.


Photobucket
The Columbus Skyline


Photobucket
This picture actually has a purpose. That building behind them is where Chris spent the 2 years he lived in Columbus. The window just above his head was his bedroom. This was the first trip back to Columbus with Chris with me. It's so much different seeing the city thru his eyes....the memories, the nostalgia, and the bittersweet good-bye.


Photobucket
Again with the graffiti?! I can't explain my fascination for it. I think there should be an art history class on it...


Photobucket
The staple family pic in front of the rotunda. You can't really see it, but the rotunda has these huge, HUGE windows of mosaic stained glass pictures. Amazing.


Photobucket
Anything about 50° in Ohio in April is considered a heat wave....at 70° people kick on their central air....and 80° is borderline global warming. On Saturday it was 84°. We all had sunblock on (in April!?) and STILL managed to get sunburned. And to make it worse, we all got it on only one side of our bodies. Except for Harley....she spent the majority of the game under the bleachers playing her Leapster. Yeah, football isn't her thing. Maybe if they wore pink tu-tu's and sprinkled glitter everywhere she'd pay attention.


Photobucket
Meet The Buckeyeguy. From the look of the nuts around his neck, I'd say this guy is pretty cool. Anyone who wears gloves and a turtleneck in 84° weather, has to be cool.


Photobucket
Out of the whole day, I got 3 pictures of the actual football game (and none of them are even posted!). Spoken like a true photographer....

1 comment:

Jennifer A Collier Photography said...

If you didn't take such great pictures I may have to make comments! :) Looks like you had fun.